Friday, October 3, 2008

A Lesson Learned

What's the lesson? Never let your toddler play with your keys when there is a remote entry on the key ring. Grant was fussy while we were making a quick trip through Walmart, so I gave him the only thing in my purse that was somewhat safe, my keys. He ended up chewing on the remote the whole time. I was so absorbed in my quest to find bargains, that I didn't notice. When it came time to get into the car, the remote wouldn't unlock it, so I had to use the key. Not a big deal. The problem came when I started the car. That's when the incessant beeping began. I tried turning the car off, pushing the horn button on the remote, looking in the manual -nothing worked. After lots of funny looks from people in the parking lot, a near panic attack from me, and two upset children, it finally stopped. I think I learned my lesson.

The fun didn't stop there, though. We were almost home when a cute little squirrel ran out in front of me, and I heard the bump, bump of the tires. Poor thing!

No comments: